We respect the privacy of individuals who visit our website and are customers of our clinics.
Personal information is information about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable
Information that is provided to Dr Hugo Ho Thread Lifting may be shared with, kept, stored and used with SydneyWest Aesthetics for the purposes set out in this policy.
What general personal information might we collect?
Personally identifiable information such as your name, e-mail address, residence address, gender, phone number, date of birth, is collected when sent or provided to us by:
- Members of the public and customers via emails, our website, Facebook or other social media; for example in registering for e-mail communications, making enquiries, participating in promotions and competitions, completing surveys or otherwise submitting information in any format;
- Customers and potential customers visiting or directly contacting the clinics; for example, making enquiries, completing our new customer and consent forms and discussing their requirements; and
- Anyone else that voluntarily provides us with personal information for any reason.
What additional information might be collected about our customers?
In addition to the above information, we may collect healthcare provider details, subscriber status, and credit card number (when purchasing products or services) take before and after photographs of you, write file notes about your skin, your treatment, medical conditions and your leisure activities. Personal information may also be collected from third parties such as your other health practitioners.
Why do we collect personal information and what might we do with it?
- Manage complaints and disputes and report to dispute resolution bodies;
- Respond to enquiries or requests;
- Monitor the progress of our services to you and tailor the services to suit your particular needs;
- Understand individual requirements and provide customers with the appropriate product or service;
Product and Service Development and Improvement
- Set up, administer and manage our products and services; Manage, train and develop our employees and representatives in product and service knowledge and delivery;
- Get a better understanding of customers and potential customers, their needs, behaviours and how people interact with us, so we can engage in product and service research, development and manage the delivery of our services and products via the way we communicate with you;
- Gather and aggregate information for statistical and reporting purposes;
- Contacting you and direct marketing (unless you have opted out)
- For administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning and quality control purposes;
- Compiling and maintaining mailing lists derived from our website, from our clinics and communicating with persons on those lists;
Disclosure of your personal information to others
We may disclose (only as strictly necessary and not in breach of any Medical confidentiality) any of your personal information to and/or collect your personal information from:
- Any entity where disclosure to, or collection from, such entity is required or authorised by law or under a medical or industry code or regulations;
- A third party that we've contracted to provide business, administration or consultancy services for example information technology providers, consultancy firms, auditors and business management consultants, sales agents, marketing agencies and other marketing service providers and print/mail/digital service/imaging/document management providers;
- Your and our advisers, agents, representatives or consultants;
- Government, statutory or regulatory bodies and enforcement bodies;
- Any external dispute resolution body;
- Any organisation or person in connection with the sale of a clinic, its assets
- Any other organisation or person, where you've asked them to provide your personal information to us or asked us to obtain personal information from them; or
- As required or permitted by any law to enforce compliance with the policies governing medical practices and applicable laws; and
- To protect and enforce the intellectual property and other legal rights of our clinic.
- To an appropriate person, authority or organisation where we reasonably believe that a failure to disclose such information places the customer or another person at risk to health or safety.
Email communications and direct marketing
By supplying us with your email address and any other personal information you authorise our staff or our agents to contact you directly or send you updates and promotional information by email, telephone, social media, SMS or postal mail about our products and services from time to time. This may include communication or information from third parties that we have an association with or have entered into joint promotions activities with that are related to our products and services.
You can contact us at any time to update your marketing preferences or elect not to receive any further communication or marketing material from us and we will comply with such a request within a reasonable time frame. If you do not wish to receive new information and marketing material from us, please email us.
If you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we ask that you contact us in writing.
You are entitled to request access to your medical records. We request that you put your request in writing and acknowledge that there may be a fee for the administrative costs of retrieving and providing you with copies of your medical records. Information can be expected to be provided within 30 days.
We may deny access to your medical records in certain circumstances permitted by law, for example, if disclosure may cause a serious threat to your health or safety. We will always tell you why access is denied and the options you have to respond to our decision.
Storage and transmission of personal information
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information transmitted to and from us.
Personal information that we hold is protected by:
- securing our premises;
- placing passwords and varying access levels on databases to limit access and protect electronic information from unauthorised interference, access, modification and disclosure; and
- providing locked cabinets and rooms for the storage of physical records.
All staff and contractors are required to observe the obligations of confidentiality in the course of their employment/contract and are required to sign confidentiality agreements.
All due care will be taken to ensure the protection of your privacy during the transfer, storage and use of your personal information.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information we no longer need. Retention of medical records is for a minimum of 7 years from the date of last entry into the patient record.
You acknowledge that any transmission of data by email, hard copy mail or any other method may be illegally intercepted and used by third parties. We shall not be responsible or liable to any person for any interception or loss or unauthorised use of data transmitted to or from us or for any breach or lapse of security of our information storage or processing systems caused by factors outside our control.
We will not transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient unless we have your consent or we are required to do so by law.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. If you follow a link or click through to a third-party website you do so at your own risk.
How to make a complaint
If you have a complaint about the privacy of your personal information, we request that you contact us in writing. Upon receipt of a complaint, we will consider the details and attempt to resolve it in accordance with our complaints handling procedures.
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of a complaint or the outcome you may make an application to the Australian Information Commissioner or the Privacy Commissioner in your State or Territory.